Wednesday, February 4, 2009

*The Nitty Gritty*


My first post was not much of anything except for an uninspired explanation of my favorite actress and actor from classic cinema. I barely touched upon any performances from either Hepburn or Holden, the great films they helped make, or their lives offscreen, but trust me it won't happen again.
Now that I have gotten expressing my love for William and Audrey out of the way, I can now talk about the things I think forever important: the greatest acting performances, films and directors from the Hollywood Golden Age.
I undoubtedly believe the greatest acting and directing seen on screen has come from the 1930's oto 1950's. To spotlight unparalleled character actors like Lee J. Cobb and Claude Rains, to more famous players like Fred MacMurray and Jack Lemmon, their leading ladies like Jean Arthur, Norma Shearer and Barbara Stanwyck and the men who directed the finest pictures ever made, is damned good fun. My only obstacle is deciding what to write; but I would take that issue over any problem any day.

1 comment:

  1. ''but trust me it wont happen again'' laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete